Newly Updated Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors
It’s been two years since the first generation of Periodic Table of SEO factors put out by SearchEngineLand, and now there were some new elements introduced this past week. It also has a more updated name, where it included the word “success” to The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors
To start with the goal of this table isn’t to list all 200+ SEO factors. The table encompasses 33 factors, and all these are among the most important top SEO industry experts feel should be considered.
What has Changed, you ask?
- Blocking factors were dropped – that is really outdated, Google hasn’t blocked things for years.
- Violations Integrated – These used to be apart from element categories – they are now integrated
- Ad (Duplicate) There is a new element covering duplicate content.
- Structure – Structured Data now included
- Identity – Authorship, Publisher and site identity
- Ads – Impact on heavy ad pages
- Piracy – Hosting pirated or infringing content
- Links – The weight of anchor text impact dropped from +3 to +2
- History – Weight of personal search history increased from +2 to +3
- Social – Impact of social connections has increased (no surprise there) from +1 to +2
I provided a close up view – you might find this interesting – Note on the bottom of the graphic, all are important, but those marked with 3 carry more weight than 1 or 2. Of course, no one single factor or element does it all, but having more favorable elements implemented in your sites will increase your chances of having a successfully indexed and, more importantly well-trafficked site – improving conversions and longer term SEO success.
Questions? Comments or anything at all, let me know – have you tried anything specific on a smaller niche site and found it to work best? Let me know!